Saturday, October 5, 2013

Prayer for Just Legislation



Today I am joining Lysa Terkeurst and Proverbs 31 Ministries in 31 days of prayer to stop human trafficking.  Please join me.  Click the link above for details on this opportunity to come before God seeking an end to an awful violence which is taking place in our own cities.



photo courtesy of eofdreams.com


Our Father in Heaven, I come before your throne of Grace now in the name of Jesus.  The name that is above all names.  I ask that your angels come, that your mercy come, to enter into a battle which is taking place at this very moment.  

Father you have said in your word that your thoughts are higher than our thoughts and your ways higher than our ways.  But your rain will not come down to earth without watering the ground.  Oh Lord, rain down.  Do not let your word come to us and return empty.

Today I pray for just legislation in our country and in others where corruption is thick.

I pray that the leaders here and overseas would turn away from what is evil.  That scandal and exploitation of citizens and unnecessary violence would end.

I pray that a heavy hand would come down on those who use the bodies of helpless children, women and men for their own profit and personal gain.  I pray for justice, God, for you are a God who is just.

God, I know that with you all things are possible.   I ask that hearts and lives would be changed in these governments which so desperately need guidance.

In Jesus' name, Amen.


31DaysofPrayer_button-01

No comments:

Post a Comment