Friday, February 14, 2014

It Lies Beneath

It's Friday.  Where hundreds of writers come together every week over at the lovely Lisa-Jo Baker's blog to spend five minutes writing about one thing.  One word.  No hyper-editing.  No getting in your own way.  Just writing, flat out.  The most important rule: encourage the writer who linked up before you.  Won't you join us?



Today's word: garden

GO:

It is that time of year when I have to remind myself that the garden is still there. Beneath the many inches of snow and cold, there is the root of the rose. A daffodil here, a bleeding heart there. Though I can't see them, though they remain dormant for a season, they will return. The warm air and the longer days are so near I can almost see the fireflies flitting through the air.

So it is in life. A time and a season for everything. Sometimes I feel as though God is so close I could almost reach out and touch him, and other days he seems silent. But he is always there, always within my reach. I need only call on his Name. He will never leave.

Oh God, help me to remember when life is dark, you are the ever present light. There is no darkness in you. Even when I can't see the light, sometimes, after penetrating deeper, I see it lies beneath.

STOP.


10 comments:

  1. Stopping over from FMF. This is beautifully written. I'd love to hear more about what lies beneath. I have the same sentiments about the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping here, Dorothy. I see warmer temps forecast next week so I am doing a happy dance! :-)

      Delete
  2. Yes, spring will always come even when it doesn't look like it.

    I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will. I'm so grateful. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Jerralea!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for beautiful words today. They were good to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, Kelly. Thanks so much for your encouraging words.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful post...it's a whisper of hope and encouragement to me, and beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it encouraged you. Thanks for stopping here!

      Delete
  5. I told my husband today I'm in desperate need of crocuses and daffodils... no idea if those even grow up here in MT! But thanks for the reminder that in our darkest times, when you wonder how much more you can take, God is still there just like the bulbs I planted in TN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I bet it is cold up there! Beautiful, though. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend!

      Delete